By Andrew R. Murphy
- The first single-volume ebook to supply an available and authoritative advent to Shakespearean bibliographic studies
- Includes a priceless advent, notes on Shakespeare’s texts, and an invaluable bibliography
- Contributors signify either best and rising students within the field
- Represents an remarkable source for either scholars and faculty
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Shakespeare and the Text (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best books & reading books
Stories within the tradition and background of the e-book are a burgeoning educational uniqueness. exciting, rigorous, and important, they're however rooted inside of 3 significant educational disciplines - heritage, literary reviews, and bibliography - that attention respectively upon the e-book as a cultural transaction, a literary textual content, and a fabric artefact.
From Literature to Biterature relies at the premise that during the foreseeable destiny desktops becomes in a position to developing works of literature. between hundreds and hundreds of alternative questions, it considers: lower than which stipulations might machines turn into able to artistic writing? on condition that computing device evolution will exceed the velocity of common evolution a million-fold, what is going to the sort of situation entail by way of paintings, tradition, social lifestyles, or even nonhuman rights?
A completely revised and up to date variation of Thomas C. Foster's vintage guide—a vigorous and enjoyable advent to literature and literary fundamentals, together with symbols, topics, and contexts—that exhibits you ways to make your daily interpreting adventure extra profitable and stress-free. whereas many books should be loved for his or her easy tales, there are frequently deeper literary meanings interwoven in those texts.
The ultimate quantity of The L. M. Montgomery Reader, A Legacy in evaluate examines an extended ignored section of Montgomery’s serious reception: reports of her books. even supposing Montgomery downplayed the influence that stories had on her writing occupation, claiming to be amused and tolerant of reviewers’ contradictory critiques approximately her paintings, she however cared adequate to maintain a wide percent of them in scrapbooks as an archive of her occupation.
- A Social History of Books and Libraries from Cuneiform to Bytes
- Tennyson and Mid-Victorian Publishing: Moxon, Poetry, Commerce
- Approaches to the History of Written Culture: A World Inscribed (New Directions in Book History)
- The Cambridge History of the Book in Britain: Volume 1, c.400–1100
- The Narreme in the Medieval Romance Epic: An Introduction to Narrative Structures (University of Toronto Romance Series)
- Using Critical Theory: How to Read and Write About Literature
Additional info for A Concise Companion to Shakespeare and the Text (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)